You know things are bad when the Taliban is right and U.S. politicians are wrong Retweet
We can demonstrate that nearly all U.S. foreign policy and military actions for more than a century have fostered enemy creation, not national security. Enemy creation…
- Makes the people fearful and subservient
- Empowers the political class
- Enriches the Military Industrial Complex
Now here comes yet another ugly example…
U.S. tax dollars ($70 billion) have funded and trained Afghan police and defense forces through three administrations, Bush, Obama, and Trump. During that time U.S. troops have constantly complained about Afghan soldiers and police using Afghan children as sex slaves. Yes, you read that right. The Afghans even have a term for this practice, bacha bazi (boy play). But Presidents Bush, Obama, and Trump have ignored the troops’ complaints. Official U.S. policy has even blocked American soldiers from rescuing abused children. But it gets worse…
The Taliban has used these crimes as a tool to recruit forces to fight the U.S. This provides stark evidence for our claim that U.S. foreign policy fosters enemy creation, not national security. You know something is very wrong when the Taliban is on the right side of an issue and U.S. politicians are on the wrong side.
SIGAR (Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction) has confirmed the charges, but the Pentagon has blocked release of the SIGAR report and replaced it with their own “sanitized” version.
President Trump has declared that “we will not dictate to the Afghan people how to live.” But the result is that we are funding and endorsing child rape while recruiting new enemies for the American people. This may serve the interests of the political class and the Military Industrial Complex but it must be resisted by all decent Americans. If you’re a decent person, please send a letter opposing the policy.
- Politicians count the positions you take in the messages you send for the same reason they pay attention to opinion polls. Don’t let your position be under-represented
- The libertarian view will be the crucial swing position in many controversies. This gives the libertarians on our list special advantage, if only they will act, and do so consistently
- We aim to constantly increase the amount of libertarian pressure Congress feels — this requires the daily participation of our libertarian members (and anyone else who agrees with our action requests)
Use your power…
- Send your letter to Congress
- Magnify your power by sharing this message with friends you think might agree
- Share this action item on Facebook and other social networking sites
Please consider making a contribution or starting a monthly pledge to further our work
Thanks for being an ACTIVE DC Downsizer,
Perry Willis & Jim Babka